Cheese + rice crackers + pâte = L.I.F.E.

This is seriously one of my new favorite places to visit any time I'm home in NWA. Y'all, they have
freaking bacon bit ice cream, the best hamburgers and delicious stake salads. Please
do yourself a favor and go there next time you're in Bentonville, AR. *Ps- I'm legit blind right now
so any foto edits done in the next few days are without prescription lenses. Thanks!

You guys... I celebrated a birthday with a leading lady last week. We met for drinks, lunch and an incredible spread of food--- my mouth waters at the thought of the fine dining. She and I are currently in the thick of parenting and above all, living an authentic lifestyle. Do you know how hard it is to do that when you're born in a society that encourages you to put yourself last? I'm naturally a people pleaser person and thrive on energy from others. I want everyone to be happy and their happiness used to feel like a reflection of what I meant to them. If they were happy, it meant that I was helping them stay happy. Fast forward to today and I'm working on my own happiness. I was fighting a non-existent battle to make sure the people I loved felt loved, cared for, taken care of and respect by me. Don't get me wrong, I still love people b/c it's part of who I am AND I'm also selective of where I spend my time & who receives my love.

Want a quick tip on the path to authenticity? Be honest with yourself. Are you striving to make ends meet and burning your candle from both ends? People that are there for you no matter what, will help you not burn out and will walk with you, even when the terrain is too difficult to handle or the quicksand begins to take the both of you down. Somehow, one of the two will help the other out of a tight spot. I'm pretty proud of my current accomplishments and with work trips planned to Chicago and Boston, I can breathe a sigh of relief. I'm making it, you guys. After trying to figure out who I am and where I'm literally going, it's been a joy to see outside the cloudy days and realize we are just fine. I promise you that life never turns out like you plan. I, Rubs, 100% stand by the fact that plans are meant to be broken or detoured. Yet, I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason, people leave only for others' to find you again and long-lasting friendships are the bomb.

 SO --- promise me you'll be kinder and more gentle with yourself. Give yourself a dang break! Getting out of bed, hauling kids to school, working 60 hours a week and then coming home to take care of the fam is no easy feat. I really admire you women out there that are doing it all. You give me strength and show me that I, too, can have it all.

I'm highlighted, tanned, masked & ready for summer!

Sending all my love to you beautiful people
- XO, Rubs.

Comments

Popular Posts