That Awkward Moment When You Find Out Who is Reading Your Blog

I think my title pretty much encompasses how I feel right now. Slightly unnerved would be the right answer. I guess I've gotten used to my sweet followers, all 33 of you. Y'all are the best! I love hearing from you and I know that whatever I say, you won't judge me (too harshly) and you'll support me in my decisions. As of late, I've found new people reading this blog. **Members in my very own stake, who would have thunk.** At first, I was worried about what y'all would think of me. Then I decided that this is my life, this is who I am, and I don't really sugarcoat anything.

This blog has been so fun for me because I get to share a little of my life short life experience with my family, friends, and other people who are finding themselves right now. For those of you that have finally stumbled on this blog, I would give you a fair warning but I'd rather read your comments (and delete them if they're filled with nasty words). Here's the rundown on the Ruby:
1. I'm a mother
2. I'm a Mormon
3. I'm a minority woman
4. I'm a feminist in the sense that: I believe in equal pay for all, same benefits, and paid maternity leave.
5. I love caffeine
6. I change my mind every 5 seconds (freedom to choose is a new thing for me and I'm loving it)
7. I'm a full time parent
8. I like to post on political issues
9. I am head-over-heels when it comes to Max
10. I'm finding myself
** I also post on domestic abuse and pursuing higher education... I don't think those deserve numbers.

I've been down a few roads in my short life and they always lead back to finding my center. Sometimes I think my life is hard but that's usually when I'm up all night with a sick child and running to work the next day. Who doesn't?! At the end of the day, I love my life, my job, my opportunities, and I love that I have a second chance at getting this whole thing right. Am I unorthodox? Absolutely! But come on, those who know me wouldn't have it any other way! Life would be sooo boring if we were all the same and for those that just stumbled on this Pura Vida website, I welcome you with a big ol' Latina hug and I'm glad you came by.


Comments

Popular Posts