Man's Search For Meaning

I got this book from the lovely M-guy. It is fantastic! I have been in the process of rediscovery for the last year and it has been an exhilarating experience. I have had to come to terms with some ugly truths about myself, my faith, and my future. The truth is sobering and there have been times where I have been so angry that I could shout of my betrayal from the mountain tops. But I guess we shall all be free one day and these moments will be but a memory.
This book was written by Viktor E. Frankl, a Holocaust survivor that uses his experience to teach basic principles that we should all take heed to. I agree with him when he says that  "our primary drive in life is... to discover and pursuit that which we personally find meaningful..." I believe this. If I didn't think education was the reason why I'm here then I would definitely not be seeking a higher degree. If I didn't believe that parenting my child was the most important subject in my life, I would have handed him over to someone else. But Max is my drive. My religion is kind of  a map but my heart, my heart knows within itself what I must do. Regardless of what others say or think when it comes to my unpredictable life, I don't care anymore. Is it hard to not listen to others opinions? Yes. You want to know what would be harder?? For me to live half a life with constant regrets because this is the only life we have. This is the only time that I can testify of my real-ness. I am flesh and blood. I am alive!






**Rent it. Buy it. Read it. Google it.

Comments

Popular Posts