How I No Longer Hate Lovers Day


It's a lovely title isn't it?! **I'm so proud of it** I spent a few good minutes thinking of what to name my post. This title just seems fitting. I've never liked Valentines, even when I had someone to share it with. I guess it's because I have so many holidays running together that end with a massive birthday celebration. By "V" day, I'm burnt out.

HOWEVER, I would be a fool if I denied the love I feel for so many things, like the love I feel when my son says he loves me. The love I feel when I speak to my family. The love I feel when my sweet nephew Xander asks me to pick him up or says a toddler word. The love I feel as the Southern warmth fills my soul and the sweet pollen gives me allergies. The love I feel when I know I've been given another chance at life and this time I'm not going to screw it up.

LOVE is the most powerful emotion I have ever felt. It has led me to the highest euphoric moments and dragged me through the pits of despair. Yet, it makes me feel ALIVE, REFRESHED, and so so human. Without love we are nothing. With it we are everything. I may not be one for sappy valentine poems or chocolates, but I do want to celebrate the love in my heart for the people I love most. Why? Because I know my life wouldn't be complete without people in it. My life and my heart and my soul would not be the same without a little Maxter to teach me the ways of life. I love him. You GUYS. I adore that little being more than anything/anyone on this planet and he's enough for me. How lucky I am! Lucky to have true love in my life. I wouldn't change him for the world. I love him. I.Love.Maxfield.B.

Comments