Lent Day 3

I celebrate LENT. I was born a Catholic and I think LENT is a fabulous tradition because it focuses on the true meaning of Easter and sometimes, my Mormon side just doesn't focus on it as much as I would like (I know it's probably a personal problem, whatever). From what I have noticed, LDS people don't focus on the blood, gore, and death. We are 100% into the Resurrection because that is our salvation. **These are all personal insights** Last year, I gave up Men for lent. It worked fabulously well. This year, I took it to the next level and gave up Facebook. Crazy, right??


TODAY- I realized that I am the most imperfect being ever. If I really and TRULY believe that Jesus died for me, suffered for me, bled and died for me (LDS doctrine doesn't super focus on the blood as does the Catholic religion), why do I struggle give up social media? Why can't I give up something SO SMALL in comparison to what He did for me? The answer is simple. Jesus is perfect. He's the best example of charity, love, sacrifice, commitment. Jesus didn't come on a white stallion to liberate his conquered Jewish brothers. He humbly arrived to liberate his Jewish brothers from themselves. He brought about the higher law which advises us to love one another, to not criticize, to walk in another's shoes. He did away with the Law of Moses and constantly harped on the importance of the SPIRIT of the LAW instead of the LETTER OF THE LAW. He loved the widow, the poor, the prostitutes, the outcasts, and the desolate. I can't live up to those kinds of things! I'm the most imperfect person. I have doubts! I've dubbed myself as a minority LDS feminist woman. Do you know how hard it is to defend all of those titles? It's exceptionally hard because I don't fit into the LDS mold. At one point, I did. It was nice. I fit in perfectly with my cookie-cutter family. Then things changed and I was left as an outcast but I fought that perception. There is a place for me too! Jesus wants me there too! Jesus loves me just as much as he loves the woman with the family and stay-at-home gig to boot. Jesus loves everyone. He makes room for all of God's children and He doesn't discriminate.

**I speak of Him in present tense because He lives. He rose on the 3rd day. He rose with a body of flesh and blood and I still think He has one of those. Just like mine. He knows what's going on and He is aware. He's our brother. He loves us. He welcomes everyone with open arms. I also think He must have a fantastic sense of humor because all the important people in my life have a great sense of humor.

Comments

Popular Posts