UTTER
If I could just utter the words my heart feels, my personal world would be a much calmer place, for what are the value of words if the communication factor is lacking?
It's hard to express the feel thoughts
There is fear that needs to be conquered, but I'm unsure of how to do it
My heart is shy.
I fear love.
Yet I yearn for it, in the depth of my soul.
I hide the yearning, even from myself.
I want to know what it's like to be loved above all else
Then I remember the breaking of my heart
The sigh of finding truths untold
The hurt that comes with finding out I wasn't above all else
I fear of what man can do, for he hasn't always been kind to me
Yet I know the wonder man can bring and I wonder if I'm too harsh
Allowing hurt to govern isn't fair
Allowing hurt to remind me of what love entails seems practical
Love is a compelling act
It convinces the mind to take a leap of faith
It cooperates with the heart
Love is tricky, swift, and unjust
I forbid my heart to allow this impracticality to exist in my presence
I allow my mind to govern all in order to prevent unwanted hurt
The agonizing memories are still fresh
Trust was thrown into the fire
Faith became the only solace to comfort my aching soul
Two years and I'm still here
Facing an unknown path
Piecing a puzzle of a life together
No longer missing that man
But still upset at the turmoil he caused me
Farewell to these memories
to the young girl who believed in fairytales
to the young man I started to believe
to the future plans I had made
May the best heart win.
Comments