I'm no good with farewells

Today was my last AmeriCorps member meeting. I got to hug, laugh, and share some moments with my members. Y'all, I bawled my eyes out like you have never seen (unless you've seen me cry, it ain't pretty). It was such a surreal moment to stand before my members who have become my family, and let them go. I will always hold them in my heart but my gosh, I really felt like I was setting them free. Mind you, these members range from the age of 18-34 and we have one 70 year old. Love them to pieces! 

This was also exceptionally hard because it has made MY move sooo much more real. I am moving!!!! I have signed the papers!! In August, I will once again be leaving my beloved Northwest Arkansas. For someone who doesn't like change, I sure am one to jump on the wagon once it comes. I don't have the words to express how much I have loved my incredible job or living with my family. I'm a momma's girl and daddy's girl so leaving them (again) makes me so sad. The good thing is that I'm only 4 hours away and I get summers off. So mom and dad, y'all aren't getting rid of me just yet ;). I'm in tears as I write this because I am closing a wonderful (and incredibly challenging) chapter in my book. These last 3 years I have: graduated from college (BYUI!), had a baby, survived a devastating heartbreak, started over, and worked this fantastic job all while being surrounded by so much love. Time really does heal all wounds, even when it doesn't really give us a choice because moving on is the best thing. I'm stronger, wiser, and more in control of who I am and who I want to become. Quarter life crisis hasn't been a complete sham!

I am a lucky girl. 

Comments

Kara said…
You will do wonderful with this new chapter in your life. Where are you moving too. Change is always bittersweet.
Kara said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts