HAPPY MOTHERS day to all you great MOMS!

I read a quote my mother posted on facebook today and clicked. It basically said that before a child, there was a woman. It wasn't until the first child was born that the woman became a mother. I'm so blessed to be able to participate in something older than life itself. The practice of motherhood goes back to Eve, mother of all. I wonder how many children she had in total. I wonder if she was scared or worried when she was having her first child. I am blessed to be in a country where I can just call a doctor (or my mother for that matter) to ask about questions and to get check ups, etc.

Motherhood is such a sacred subject in my life because it has changed me. I had goals and dreams that wanted to put off motherhood until a certain age because I wanted to wait until I felt ready. I'm so thankful that I didn't. I don't think that you can ever be ready for motherhood. You just have to throw yourself in there, have faith, and let it all fall into place. Childbearing does exactly that. It falls into place and there is something within that tells you what to do. I'm thankful to have the opportunity to bear children. It wasn't until I got into the married wards that I saw the devastation and difficulty behind getting pregnant. I was lucky to not have had difficulty with my first. It was the best unexpected gift I have ever been given. Two years later I'm cherishing every sloppy kiss and cuddle time I get with my gift from Heaven. He helps me be better. I've never felt so much love or tenderness and at the end of the day, after tears and tantrums, I wouldn't have done it any other way. I just pray that I can be as great a mother as my mom. She is the most faithful, hard working woman I know. She never doubts or fears. She is patient and meek. She has taught me humility.

Above all, my mom has taught me to be patient with Max. One day I was stressed about cleaning and messes and she just looked at me and said "enjoy him Ruby. He isn't going to stay little forever. The mess can wait." Those were words of wisdom. Now grant it, we live in a very clean home. But I don't stress cleaning everything before playing with Max. I see how happy and healthy he is and I feel my heart swell with gratitude. Heavenly Father is truly an incredible father and I'm blessed to have a relationship with Him. He knew what He was doing when He created the woman. I'm so glad we're different from men. I love being feminine, soft, and all things that go with being a woman. Life is beautiful and it is even more incredible when there is life inside you, growing into a small baby.

Comments

Charity Brown said…
Happy mother's day!

Is that last sentence an announcement?.....
Angie Adam said…
Beautifully written Ruby =) Happy Mother's Day!
Ruby said…
Charity- no I'm not pregnant. haha. and thanks angie! happy belated mothers' day to the both of you!

Popular Posts