I Skipped A day...
I did not have two minutes to sit down and post yesterday. It went well, I did eat a little pizza but since my carb intake was pretty low yesterday I decided it would be ok. But just that once (haha). Anyway, today has been a great day. I ate a healthy special K breakfast, took my AMAZING vitamins (that I would recommend to everyone) AND had lunch with some good friends. We ended up eating Bulgogi, a Korean dish that is Justin's specialty but this time our friends Edith and Matt made it for us. It was SO good. Seriously. And so for dinner we are having Chicken with brown rice and veggies. I am already feeling a lot better about my healthy choices and even Max doesn't seem to mind them. However, Max is the healthiest out of all of us because we make sure he gets the BEST of the BEST and no heavy stuff. I feel like babies are so little and sensitive that if I give mine something he shouldn't eat it bugs ME all day. Life is good. Food is great.
Bulgogi:
3 lbs. of finely sliced meat (you can ask the butcher to do it and say it needs to be finely shredded for korean meat)
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of soy sauce
1 tbs. of sesame oil
1/2 cup of mushrooms
1/2 cup of green onions
1/2 of a white onion
and we add a ton of garlic to taste. It is about 1 Tbs. But just eye ball it. Some people don't like Garlic. Justin loves it so we add a lot of it.
* For best results let it marinate overnight or at least two hours before serving. Cook with a little sesame oil in the pan and enjoy. You can eat it with lettuce, Romaine of course if you want to be healthy (not to mention it is delicious). And you can serve it with white rice. We substituted our white rice with brown and it tasted pretty good.
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of soy sauce
1 tbs. of sesame oil
1/2 cup of mushrooms
1/2 cup of green onions
1/2 of a white onion
and we add a ton of garlic to taste. It is about 1 Tbs. But just eye ball it. Some people don't like Garlic. Justin loves it so we add a lot of it.
* For best results let it marinate overnight or at least two hours before serving. Cook with a little sesame oil in the pan and enjoy. You can eat it with lettuce, Romaine of course if you want to be healthy (not to mention it is delicious). And you can serve it with white rice. We substituted our white rice with brown and it tasted pretty good.

Comments