1. Celebrate the small victories

MB has a rich sense of Latino style. Necklace: Nena's closet. T-shirt: Children's place.
Today, MB & I slept in (we swam until 11 pm last night w/ friends and a puppy--- it was bomb), listened to the rainstorms, went to brunch with an old friend and now we are about to relax by a pool.
Since I've been in the thick of fighting this monster, I've decided to focus on ways you (and I) can overcome illness. It isn't easy but it must be worth it or else how do people continue on this path?

1. CELEBRATE THE SMALL VICTORIES

List the positive things you've done in the day. For example, today I:
 1. Got out of bed.
 2. I put makeup on.
 3. I played with MB.
 4. I went to brunch.

*** I have plans to go swimming with the small dude in the next little bit. Even if you do ONE thing on the list, write it down. Even if you brushed your teeth, got out of bed, ate food, read a book, change music to a podcast b/c listening to music hurts. WRITE IT DOWN. Do it for you, to know that you've accomplished even one thing. When it's hard to stay on this planet, remember that you're loved. You are not alone! I will continue to post helpful websites or updates. No one deserves to go through this alone and ya know what? It's just a moment.

For now, do one task you've been meaning to complete like brushing your teeth (it's hard to do that when you're depressed!!!), taking a shower, sipping tea or taking a bath. I believe in you. You deserve to be here, too.

All my love, Rubs

The first time I've done a full face in a month. Felt nice & refreshing. Also, still blonde.
---- I think that we should start celebrating the small victories in our lives, especially for people who are in the thick of mental illness. It's not every day that I have a full face on and have brushed my hair. This crippling monster that haunts me makes it difficult to engage with other people and even leave the house. I know that the only way to combat it is by being social and seeking out others. I didn't want to do a whole lot this morning and I fought the cloud over my head. I called a dear old friend, we made plans to meet, I put on a dress and a full face of makeup. It took a lot of energy but laughing and sipping on mango cocktails was worth it.

I took this pic to remind myself that smiling feels good and summer dresses are my fave.

Comments

Popular Posts