The Travesty of Tantrums

Oh the travesty of being a young whippersnapper... We made it a week folks! A solid week before the tantrum of the century occurred. Just so we are clear- Max has been the best tempered child I have ever interacted with. He's bubbly, charming, and has an endearing smile that melts every grandmas' heart. I just wanted to let you all know ahead of time that Max is pretty mich perfect, so much so that sometimes I worry that he will be translated into the Heavens because he's so darling- I'm serious. Well- the change hit him harder than I thought. In fact, he's been crying for the last hour, I finally couldn't take it and have since left him to his own feeling devices from fear of breaking down beside him. Maybe he's making up for all the lost time, who knows?

See, this move was huge for the little man. He's used to his environment and friendships we have built these last three years. He's used to having a fatherly figure around to do manly things with, and tonight he's stuck with his mom. No TV. No DVDs. Only books and mom. (He's still crying... My heart can't take this you guys). The sad part is that this week we also had a few big boy talks: why dad isn't here all the time but everyone else has a full time dad, how come mom can't throw a baseball correctly (sue me I have horrible vision post baby), where babies come from, he wants a baby sister, and finally, why isn't he wanted... Phew. Can you tell what kind of day it's been?? Also, we can note that I wasn't ready for half of those talks! I thought I would have more time. The honest to goodness truth is that he is loved and wanted. I might protect him too much from the world and I hardly ever let him interact with guys that I date- I can take a heart break but won't let him go through that again. Maybe I should let the guy see me in my "mom mode." I'd like to think I'm fun but really I'm super strict and very, very OCD. Max is my most precious, dear possession. I don't want him to meet a guy and like him only to be disappointed when things don't work out. That's a whole other post....

He'll be okay right? I know I'm not enough and have cherished all the people who love my son. But now, I'm all that he has until we make new friends and settle again. As for these tantrums, I'm not sure how we will handle them but I'm about to go hug him and whisper "you are loved, you are loved, YOU are LOVED," simply because I believe we all need to hear that sometimes. Hopefully we'll have more excited posts this week!!! I love you guys. Muah!!

Comments

Popular Posts