SUNDAY
I start orientation next Sunday. I moved into my apartment last Tuesday and can I confess something? It was weird. I realized that I have never lived on my very own. I guess I never will since I have MBH, which I wouldn't have any other way, but it was still a little odd, too quiet, and I would be a liar if I didn't admit it was a wee bit refreshing. My first week on my own was a success! I rushed to Oklahoma to check on my restaurant- PS I own a restaurant. I feel like I shared this before. It's always been a dream for my dad and it's really cool that we get to do this together. Anyone want any really good, authentic Mexican recipes?? Let me know, I have a PLETHORA of them. We also have French, Cajun, and Italian. My dad was a culinary fiend back when he was my age and I'm lucky to be training with the best of the best.
Anyway- I have to remind myself that I'm not invincible and should focus on one thing at a time. I just feel so young and energetic that I think I can do it all! Super mom, full time worker, friend to all in need, volunteer lover, and restaurant entrepreneur (oops I forgot full time student), these are my passions BUT if you ask me to choose just one, my main passion is learning to be a better mother. I honestly believe we don't have enough women willing to be dedicated mothers because the world seems sooo enticing. It tells us- women- that we can have it all. Sometimes I want to believe that but I have to be realistic. I might not end up remarried. I might have to work for the rest of my life. That's okay. I've made peace with it all because at the end of the day, I have the privilege of being mother to Max. I get to love on him and let him know that he is my #1. I'm really the luckiest girl ever. I have the opportunity to fulfill my dreams. It's going to be so hard but I know this will help give my son and I a better future.
Life is funny. It hasn't turned out like I planned at all and you know what? I'm glad. I was only a shadow of who I am now and this ability to really love, express, fulfill myself is incredible. Now if only I could figure out the man friend part, I would be golden!
Anyway- I have to remind myself that I'm not invincible and should focus on one thing at a time. I just feel so young and energetic that I think I can do it all! Super mom, full time worker, friend to all in need, volunteer lover, and restaurant entrepreneur (oops I forgot full time student), these are my passions BUT if you ask me to choose just one, my main passion is learning to be a better mother. I honestly believe we don't have enough women willing to be dedicated mothers because the world seems sooo enticing. It tells us- women- that we can have it all. Sometimes I want to believe that but I have to be realistic. I might not end up remarried. I might have to work for the rest of my life. That's okay. I've made peace with it all because at the end of the day, I have the privilege of being mother to Max. I get to love on him and let him know that he is my #1. I'm really the luckiest girl ever. I have the opportunity to fulfill my dreams. It's going to be so hard but I know this will help give my son and I a better future.
Life is funny. It hasn't turned out like I planned at all and you know what? I'm glad. I was only a shadow of who I am now and this ability to really love, express, fulfill myself is incredible. Now if only I could figure out the man friend part, I would be golden!
Comments