Last Night's Republican Debate
I think someone should tell Cain to go home. His ideas are just not congruent with whom I wish to see in the White House. Ron Paul is just too old but must be really rich to keep trying to win the Republican candidacy every election. Don't get me wrong. For years, I was a secret Ron Paul admirer, however, you can only debate legalizing marijuana for so long. I agree with him trying to stop the federal government and state government from regulating my life and how I wish to live it.

I like Huntsman and Romney out of the Republican candidates. I mean, Ron Paul was my man for a long time but off with the old and on with the new. Romney is on top of his game and has an ACTUAL plan. He knows what he's going to do, how he's going to do it, where he's going to do it, etc. We need someone with a plan who isn't just making false promises.
I hope whoever reads this realizes that yes, I'm throwing my opinions out there and being completely honest about how I feel.
* Ron Paul: "I think Israel should be in charge of their sovereignty" (so if we believe that, I think we should stop funding them billions of dollars).
*Gov. Huntsman: believes we shouldn't charge China or any foreign country tariffs. - On this, I guess it all depends on how we view capitalism. Do we love it or hate it? That's what will change the outcome of the question.Social Issues:
Stem-Cell Research: Ok, honestly, I think there's too much debate on this. Mostly because there are people dying every day because of lack of organs that could have been developed by stemcell research. Or perhaps they deserve to die since they don't have the ability to keep their own bodies alive without some sort of help. This whole argument angers me because I have been a lifelong diabetic. I haven't ever been obese. I didn't cause my diabetes to happen, yet I am marked for the rest of my life simply because my pancreas doesn't work. I can't get health insurance, I can't get cheap life insurance (I have a higher death rate than most people I presume), and my liberties are being taken away by people who are judging me based on pre-existing conditions.
Welfare- ah, always my favorite topic. I would just like to say that for those that argue about poor people being able to live off the system, it's not always true. There are hard working people who have lost their jobs and cannot physically sustain themselves. This is where the government comes in. I am a young, poor, single mother. I make under the state average. Yet, I don't qualify for any government assistance. So what do I do? I pray that I don't get sick. It's a scary life to live, knowing that if something were to happen to me, I would be in a lot of debt. Frankly, why aren't we talking about real issues? Like why doctors make so much money and get to charge us (or our insurance) ridiculous amounts of money?? That doesn't make sense to me. I also don't want to hear from the conservatives who are living off the government right now (by having MEDICAID, MEDICARE, FOOD STAMPS) because you don't make sense to me. You complain about taxes and people who mooch off the government, let me tell you a secret : you are one of those too. It's ok to admit it. Just stop acting like you hate people who live off the government. And the whole : "well I pay my taxes thing..." yeah I pretty much don't buy that either. I think since I don't qualify for any benefits, neither should you. Then that'll help you think twice about who you'll vote for the next election. On a side note, most people on welfare really aren't paying taxes. They get taxes taken out of what they make and then receive a tax return at the end of the year.
CHINA- use trade laws aggresively. we need to get more governors together and exploit the opportunities that exist for exporters. You have to be cautious when dealing with China. I don't think we should make them angry because we owe them tons of money. If there are two people I don't want knocking on my door, that would be the Russians or the Chinese. They both instill fear into me. We need to focus on how to get us all working again. We need to be inspired as Americans, we need to become actively engaged (sounds like an LDS term).

999- just sounds like a bad idea.
I like Huntsman and Romney out of the Republican candidates. I mean, Ron Paul was my man for a long time but off with the old and on with the new. Romney is on top of his game and has an ACTUAL plan. He knows what he's going to do, how he's going to do it, where he's going to do it, etc. We need someone with a plan who isn't just making false promises.
I hope whoever reads this realizes that yes, I'm throwing my opinions out there and being completely honest about how I feel.
Comments