There is a Castle on a cloud



"There is a castle on a cloud, I like to go there in my sleep..." I feel like I could use any Les Miserables song to go along with my current life. I find myself starring at clouds and like a small child, trying to decipher what their shapes really are. The other day, as I was watching a cloud car and bunny zoom by, I thought of how our lives can become like those clouds. They have no foundations. They're made from significant condensation (build up of evaporated water). I decided that day that I did not want to be a cloud or live my life in that way. I know it sounds really cheesy... But I couldn't shake the feeling of what my life would be like as a cloud.



I've seen many people just live their lives. They sleep, eat, work, sleep... That is their cycle. They don't enjoy the beauties of life. They breathe the air because they must. Their desire to grow and become better people isn't there.

I don't know if it's the survival "animal" inside me, but I have this raw drive to become a better woman. I want to be my best self, starting with my habits now. I am not perfect in any sense of the word, nor do I claim to have any sort of ambition in that direction, but I do have an inert desire to be a better person for my family and for myself. I keep writing about this and so finally, I have started developing those habits that will help me become a better person. I look at my beautiful child and think of what type of man will he become??? The habits he learns as a little child and young adult will inevitably shape and mold him into the man he will be.

I want him to enjoy the beauty of life. I want him to look at his parents and know that they love him. I wish for him to see the sacrifices made for him and strive to better himself and his posterity. Above all else, I want him to know that he has a loving Heavenly Father that will never leave his side.

It would be nice to have a castle in the clouds but realistically, that isn't going to happen any time soon. I am happy and glad to have two feet planted on the ground; nevertheless I am also grateful for the ability to dream and enjoy my imagination once in a while.

Comments

Diana Strong said…
Ruby,
Can you PLEASE write a book :)
Ruby said…
I'll see what I can do!! :)

Popular Posts