SPRING IS HERE!

I haven't been home for a real Arkansas Spring since 2006! It has been raining and hailing out here like nobody's business but today's weather makes it all worth it. 75 degrees, with light winds and sun? I whole-heartedly accept that! Please and thank you.

Beware, I'm about to update and post pics of us from the last year this weekend so it will be picture overflow! I'm so excited to have the humidity turn my hair curly and frizzy and to take Max to the lake! My parents have a pool but a lake is a totally different experience because I feel like it helps you bond with nature. Arkansas truly is the natural state. It is so green and beautiful.

Max Update:

We have entered the terrible twos. My once quiet, meek boy has taught himself how to throw a real tantrum. He will launch himself across the floor and talk back when I try to calm him down. Last night I lost my temper a bit and said firmly, "maxfield byron, stop right now." to which he responded "mama, stop right now!" and pointed his little finger at me!! It took all the strength I had to not start laughing... Oh boy, parenting is going to get more difficult from here. How do I not laugh when he does the silliest things? After our confrontation I sat him down and explained that I love him very much. He kissed me on the check, gave me a hug, and whispered "i love you mama." It's moments like this that make everything else worth it. He's such a sweet boy and we love him so much. Tantrums included.

Comments