Sometimes Heavy Metal is the Only Way...

When I was a little fifteen year old, I discovered a hidden passion. I realized I loved music. I loved the lyrics, especially the ones that described how I was feeling. I mean at that young age, I was crazy about boys, worried about my weight, growing into myself, and I was the most self conscious teenage girl this side of the Mississippi. I was very nerdy and didn't mind that part so much. But I did mind the part where I didn't fit in. I wasn't a real jock, drama kid, orch dork, band geek, etc. I fit everywhere and nowhere at the same time. I think that's why I was constantly thriving off other peoples' drama. In fact, I still do today. I'm not one for drama myself but I do love others' drama. It's a bad habit I will break sometime. Today isn't the day.

Anyway, one day I was trying to do my advanced math homework (hence the nerd in me...) and I couldn't concentrate. I was listening to a cd my friend gave me and realized that while METALLICA was playing, I could do math homework. METALLICA. As in, heavy metal and punk. Anyone who knows me knows that music doesn't define me. We are polar opposites of each other. But all I have to say is I will always have a sweet spot for a little metallica in my vida. <3

Comments

Elise said…
you're my hero. ever since being introduced to kyle, I've always had a soft spot for metallica. i mean, i've always loved hard rock and metal but real heavy metal like metallica or pantera or even the classic hits from black sabbath are in a real tender place in my heart. :)

you just made my day!

Popular Posts