TERRIBLE TWO'S
Blogging has been used for many instances. Today I am going to be a grouch. I haven't slept in about two weeks. I haven't had a good night's sleep in about two months. What happened? Well, Max has developed a tendency to go to bed... and then crawl into mine. Before explaining this, I must say Max was pretty much the perfect child. Ever. He only cried when he needed something (changed diaper, food, etc). After he received what he needed he would become perfectly content. Until... He got older. Now, he can verbalize what he wants, where he wants it, etc. Last night, he wasn't feeling too well and tossed and turned in his bed. Two hours later he crawled out and came to mine and did the same thing. Then he proceeded to scream his head off. Literally. I felt awful since the rest of the house was fast asleep (2 am, who wouldn't be??) I tried to rock him to sleep, sing him to sleep, and offered counseling to this nearly 2 year old. He threw a huge tantrum and finally I said Max, do you need a spanky?!! By then I was frustrated. His answer "Yeah mama," and with that, I started laughing and forgot about the spanky. Finally, I told him it was ok to be sad but he needed to do it quietly. Fifteen minutes later he was snoring. So funny. Maybe if I wasn't so tired right now I would laugh about it.
I have read every book there is to help toddlers. I think I just need to let instincts take place... I think I'm missing that instinct. I want to enjoy every moment but lack of sleep makes in impossible. What happened to 12 hours nights?? I hope they come back!

Life is hectic but Max is my world. I guess I'll do what moms have been doing for centuries... Tough it out and catch up on my sleep when I'm old!
Comments