All You Need Is Love

I am not a kind person. I get mad at people who drive too slow. I hate waiting for people to walk past me in their shopping carts. I don't like other peoples' noisy kids. I don't really like kids unless they belong to someone I love (and mine of course). I don't like to be interrupted, yet I will be the first to interrupt. I don't like rushing to work. I don't like early mornings. I am so miserable when I'm sick. I am not a kind person.

And yet, I was raised in love. I experienced some difficult moments where I lost pieces of myself but since those times I have started to regain them. I used to think I was my parents love child and thought it was all so romantic. No worries, my parents were married before I was conceived (just barely though since I was born 9 months, 2 weeks after their wedding...). My parents had their shares of struggles. There is an opposition in all things but they conquered. They are still married and they're so so happy. They are each others best friends. They know the other one has weaknesses yet the love each other so much. I get tears in my eyes every time I see them together. They have that unconditional love for one another. Despite the odds they were given, they're making it.

I think the only way to function in life is by loving. Holding a grudge has statistically proven to be dangerous. It shortens your life span, by a lot. Why is it so much easier to hate than to love? When you love someone, you let go of self pride and completely submit yourself to your feelings. They may wrong you but because you love them, you forgive them. Our Savior gave the greatest example when He loved the poor and the needy. He spent most of his time walking around and preaching to the people who had been forgotten. How can we be more like Him? Living by the higher law He offered truly does bring happiness. And we're here to learn to be like the Father and to be happy. Things aren't always going to be easy. That would defeat the purpose of happiness. But life is definitely worth it. I wish I could explain how it feels to hold your own child for the first time... But I can't. It's like eating a tub of chocolate ice cream and brownies without getting a headache the next day (I'm diabetic) times a million. I held other newborns and sensed their sweet spirit. But when I held my very own child for the first time, I felt the tender mercies of the Lord. All of them, at the same time. I wish I was better with words because to say "it was like happy on steroids" does not give it justice. It is beautiful. It is sweet. It is endearing. It is fulfilling. For that small moment, I felt invinsible. This child was my child. He had spent nine months in my belly. That is true love. I know that he will commit sins. I know he won't be perfect, yet he is mine and I will forgive him.

The pressures of raising children are high in today's society. There is temptation, violence, and all sorts of evil things left and right. Yet, I have a promise that if I do the things I need to, Max will be ok. I wish he didn't have to experience the harsh parts of life but that is something everyone has to go through. I look at his sweet gentle fact and can't imagine him grown up. He's my baby. He's my little man. My wish upon a star. I'm so proud of him. He's the smartest boy. I'm starting to understand just a tiny bit of what it's like to love my son like Father in Heaven loves me. And even then, I can't comprehend His feelings.

I'm thankful that I'm loved by so many people and that I can experience that unconditional love. It makes this life worth living and so much more. I'm grateful for those members who decided to be our friends and help us learn the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for having the Spirit in my life and for letting it direct me, even when the paths I should follow are completely unknown to me. But He made me a promise that He would never lead me astray. To this day, He's never let me down and I know He won't.

"All you need is love"

Comments

Angie Adam said…
This post made me cry :) Love you Ruby, and I actually think you are incredibly loving! miss you tons :)
Ruby said…
I miss you!! And I love you too! Now, if only I could figure out how to use this blogger thing...

Popular Posts