SUMMER

Well, I got some good news that my mom might be able to come and see me. I don't like the word might because it stands for two things : yes or no. But if my mother can come out, I will be the happiest person in the world. I miss her dearly. I really miss her food though. It doesn't matter how much I try to cook one of mom's meals, which I haven't done lately... But still, there is that "mom" touch to it that I haven't gotten to quite yet.
REXBURG is really boring during the seven week break. I don't have much to do. I've decided never to stay in this state longer than is needed. I have met wonderful people from Idaho. But to be honest with myself and those around me, I like my state Arkansas wayy more. It's nice and humid and hot. There is a touch of every season, which we miss out here. In Idaho, there is winter and there is summer. It starts snowing in October and doesn't stop or get nice and pretty until May-June. Then it just starts getting really hot until September. In my beloved Arkansas, the flowers grow in spring, while there is a nice freshness about spring back home. It snows a tiny bit (hard to say when though). And summer is completely normal.
I guess I am biased. I will admit it. My first semester here, I didn't understand how people had migrated to such a state. It does have some beautiful places though.
I receive a letter from Justin every day. He is loving boot camp (which is really odd, what kind of a person likes that stuff??! answer: my husband). He is excited to come back home, but making the most of his adventures in South Carolina. Right now we're working on finishing our degrees before going off into the world.
My major is Political Science with a minor that changes from philosophy to english to international studies to geography. The problem with a minor is that I just don't care for anything. I just want to avoid taking classes that might lover my GPA. It's true. It sounds really dumb of me to deny myself classes like Econ111, but really, I hate that stuff. I'm surprised I'm so bad at business classes when my own FATHER is super awesome at that stuff. I just don't get it. I'm more about learning why our deficit is awful and why we like to classify ourselves as one political party or the other... while judging those that don't choose a side. The older I get, the more I start to get closer to that independent line I have realized. In this little community, I am a huge liberal. But in the outside world, I'm more of a moderate... I still hold on to fairly conservative ideas, don't get me wrong. I really like seeing where people are coming from and why they stand for their ideals. I find humans fascinating. I don't mean that in a crazy way at all. But we really are. We are all individuals floating around with our plans and ideas for everything, yet we can come together and show a great sign of nationalism.
Life has changed for me, some may even say drastically. The thing is, I am finally coming to terms with it. It's not a bad thing. I've always been a hater of change. I just couldn't do it. The world is filled with so many possibilities that we really have to decide early in life what we want. I heard someone say something similar to the sentence before this one, and since then, change hasn't been so bad for me. I have come to realize that I may not be the next president of the United States or a Senator. But there is nothing holding me back from what I want in life. I have a wonderful husband that loves and supports me. A loving family that will stand behind me no matter what. I love the relationships I have had thru my life and have cultivated over time. I'm no longer afraid of what Life really has in store for me. I have the gospel in my life, that has been the greatest blessing thus far. I married a worthy man in the house of the Lord and I am very proud to be able to say that. I worked hard to get where I am today. With the gospel, I saw my parents change and mold themselves and their children into an eternal family. I have seen the good that has come out our service in the church. I wouldn't have it any other way. At the same time, I really believe in allowing people to have their own beliefs. It's the way I was raised.
Anyway, I've been on my tangent long enough. I'm going to treat myself to chinese food. Yum, egg rolls and fried rice here I come!!

Comments

Popular Posts