I CAN EAT SEA FOOD!!

I was soo bummed when I found out I couldn't eat seafood bc of the high counts of mercury in fish and shellfish. Fortunately for me... I can eat some fish!! Yay!! I'm going out of the country this winter, so I was really hoping I'd be able to eat some of my favorite food from good ol' Colima... A lot which includes sea food!! I can have stuff like tuna, shrimp, salmon (all in small portions of course). A recent study done by Harvard School of something or other said that that it's actually better for the mother to consume some sort of fish with the fatty omega 3 acids because it helps with brain development, especially during the second trimester. Who would have thought?! Now, I'm not going to go crazy with this or anything, but I don't think I could stand going to my home away from home only to find I couldn't eat any of that yummy food!! I'm excited for dear ol' Mexico Lindo y Querido... It's a part of me I tried to supress for so long, I don't even know why I did it now. I got wrapped up in the moment where I wanted to be accepted by all the anglo kids in my school. I love a lot of things about the culture I was brought up in. There are so many parts to it that it's really cool to keep learning about it. I'm half spanish, I think. With a little toltec indian and another kind of indian we haven't figured out with a touch of french. I like being a mutt. But all in all, I'm a Mexican American. I'm forever stuck in Limbo because I'm not from here or from there. I have to be the best at both things. I have to speak Spanish well enough not to get persecuted in Mexico and speak English good enough to not be thought of as a third class citizen... I'm culturally shocked. I can only imagine what my poor little asian/mexican children will think. Good thing Justin and I have decided to raise them American. Of course we will teach them spanish. How else will they communicate with my family?? haha.

Anyway. This was supposed to be short. Oh well, I like writing feelings down. It's nice.
Comments
love you!