Another fall semester.


Well, with all the things going around, I didn't expect school to start so soon again. My schedule is loaded; it's the only way for me to still graduate on time after the baby comes. I'm taking some of the hardest classes in my major... Hopefully I will pass them with flying colors. I've realized lately that my spelling and writing is not quite up to par.

BYUI used to be such a mystery to me. Every semester brought on something new. Now, I'm not so sure. It's just the same routine. The good thing is that I've been in school long enough to know nearly all of my professors and understand the grading system. I have come to a point in my life where I'm taking it a day at a time instead of planning ten years ahead of myself. Like I've said before, making plans for a long period of time hasn't worked out well for me. I called an old roomate who reminded me of when I used to say I would never get married until I was 40. Yep, definitely got married one month short of 20. Then there was the time I promised I wouldn't have kids until after law school. Now I'm having my first my junior year of college. I have come to an understanding that things happen for a reason. With that said, I'm not saying anything more. I know what I can accomplish. I just need to do the necessary things. I definitely want to walk out of Rexburg with a sense of fulfillment and a nice fresh Political Science degree in my hand. I'm the first to go away to college... What I once thought a burden actually became the greatest blessing in my life. I never sold myself short because I knew of the possibilities that laid ahead. I was raised with many many cousins and lots of aunts and uncles. When we all reached a certain age, my family was constantly on my back, trying to prove to my parents that I too would fail.
My poor parents. I love them both. I wasn't always the greatest child, but I did well enough that they kept me and have always been there to love me. I wasn't the straight A student or anything, but I did my best and that is all that matters. I am so proud of my parents and the people they have become. They did what they thought was right, hey, I know they're not perfect!! I remember all those times I would roll my eyes at my parents for things they said... A lot of it was true. Life is full of opportunities, you just have to be willing to grab on and never let go. I wish my extended family could see my parents accomplishments instead of their faults. They have raised a family with love and nurturing.
They are genuinely good people who would take their shirts off their backs for anyone. YOU CAN FULFILL YOUR DREAMS. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO JUDGE, CRITICIZE, GOSSIP.LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL. WHY AIM FOR THE SKY WHEN YOU CAN REACH THE STARS?
- a thank you to two wonderful people: Andres y Dora. Gracias por su amor y su apoyo. Gracias por sus sacrificios que hicieron por nosotros.

Comments

Popular Posts