Sensitive Skin and Eating Clean
I will be the first to confess that I love junk food. I love American food because I swear Americans invented the "casserole" and those are my favorites. I don't eat them now as much because they're not good for the waist lines. Seriously you guys. I promise that if you stop eating casseroles you will lose like 10 lbs. right off the bat. Those are sooo bad for us. I'm not dogging on them by any means, I just know that they're high in saturated fat and calories. -Who am I? Who is this person that speaks about saturated fat and calories? I don't even believe in counting calories!!
Anyway, I am giving it all up. I'm giving up all fatty foods. I'm really sad I have to do this. AND I'm not giving it up for Lent or anything religious like that. This is forever. **I'm seriously almost crying because I hate being healthy** I'm giving it up because I'm really sensitive to certain foods and I'm tired of waking up like Hitch any time I eat something I shouldn't. It's been so frustrating in fact that I have finally decided to pull off the gloves and accept my fate. This moment feels like finding out I am a diabetic all over again. It blows. But I want to have a healthy life, stop swelling every time I even think of a croissant, and I would rather do maintenance now than a full upkeep when I'm old.
I think I have a gluten allergy (my sister has that full on and my mother has sensitivities) and so I'm commencing this life style change. I don't even want to do it to lose weight. I just want to do it so I can figure out what the heck is going on with this body. I've also been reading about it and gluten allergies that go untreated can cause miscarriages, malformations, and other crazy stuff I didn't think possible. In the rare case that I want to have another child, I am definitely going to need to get this vessel nice and fit. UGH. I hope to be more upbeat because right now I'm just mad I have to give up all those Mormon foods that have become a part of my life.
**FOR those of you with sensitive skin: I have found coconut oil to be heaven sent. I swear by it. I have used it on Max and he's got baby smooth skin. I use it on my skin and have found great improvement. It has also made my mane of hair incredibly gorgeous. Go BUY SOME RIGHT NOW. It is the best thing I could have found. Not a fan of the smell?? Just use some good ol' Vaseline on the face. SERIOUSLY. A teeny bit goes a long way. **This is for you Tabs, since we were talking about a sensitive skin and rituals for it.
**Wish me luck. If any of you have suggestions, let me know. Lifestyle changes really aren't my thing but I'll do pretty much whatever it takes to stop waking up like Hitch.
Comments