Playing with a Boy
As you all know, I'm a single mom. Sometimes it's hard because I don't know a whole lot about boys. I grew up with all sisters and a brother. My bro is the best but seriously never gets a word in with so many sisters. It's safe to say I grew up with girls running the family. I know ALL about castles, princesses, dresses, barbies, and fairytales. I never knew that having a boy would be SO. DIFFERENT. Our play time involves destroying living rooms, killing bad guys, curing dead babies, Nerf gun wars, epic hide and seek, and lots of running. Once I babysat two little girls and I couldn't believe that they sat and combed their barbies' hair for over 30 minutes. I. WAS. SHOCKED. **Is that real?! I mean... how were they so quiet?! Why wasn't anyone dying, wrestling, or fighting?
Well- after *recently* experiencing a whole bunch of tween girls I think I'm more than okay with having a little boy. Those girls were sweet but with all the chatter and drama I nearly walked (quickly) the other way. I will take the battle wounds, wars, epic Avenger scenarios, and sword fighting ANY day if he'll be a mellow teenager. BY the way, I'm so grateful to have little Max, the love of my life, sweetest peach of them all. We have so much fun together and I love that we can play rough and tough (I don't know why he loves it so much) and still call a time out to kiss a boo boo. This parenting thing is kind of crazy but I am loving every second of it. In less than 3 weeks this wonderful boy will turn 4 and I am preparing y'all now because this is MAX MARCH MADNESS month and I always get a little obsessed with my boo.

Comments