Summer Vacation as an Adult
I started my summer vacation a few months ago. I was determined to sleep in late, eat all the junk food/fried food I could get my hands on, and check off some things from my Bucket List. A serious of unfortunate events led me to where I am. First-Vegas fell through, I wrecked my car, then I started to get ready to move... and somewhere in between all this, life happened. So, I opted to stay home this summer and save some dinero. I've hit the driving range enough times for people to recognize me and layed out by the pool until I burned! I haven't managed to sleep in past 7. My morning jogs have turned into exploring my neighborhood and spying on suspicious looking neighbors. -Seriously though, I have some sketchy neighbors. And by neighbors I mean I ran in their neighborhood a few weeks ago and now I make sure to run down that way every other day just to keep things in check. Any house that has over 5 cars and is not filled with hispanic people is reason for question in my book.
Anyway, I just got back from the driving range. I'm sitting around drinking lemonade and missing my sweet boy. One more week until I can hold him in my arms and start my single-mother rants that all y'all have missed. Surprisingly, I have enjoyed my time off. I've gotten to reconnect with people that I had lost touch with and all of this sun is doing me good. I'm finally back to my golden tan. The golden tan and I had missed each other for the last six years.
I've also had a lot of time to think and analyze the last five years. I don't have a whole lot of answers but I have found a place in my heart to forgive and let go. The saying that things happen for a reason is rightfully true and hallelujah, praise the Lord! The fact that I didn't cry last time I swapped Max or cave in for a lunch/dinner with him is fabulous. I'm back on track and holy goodness, it feels soo soo good to be back!!
Before I hit the pool, I just want y'all to take the time to think of one really good thing in your life. It doesn't matter how much your world is crashing and burning as long as you have one really, really good thing to keep you going. One of my really good things that keeps me going (besides my awesome babe Max) is knowing that I am good at school and that has become my focus for the next year. I know I have the capabilities to get into school, now I just have to work at figuring out applications for some MBA programs and smooth out a schedule for Max and I.
God is good.
Comments