Monster Max
Tiny hands, fingers, lips
Growing so fast
Time drags
Belly grows
Awful morning sickness
Tortilla/strawberry yogurt cravings
Pizza
Midnight Pizza runs
Pregnant brain
Preparing for the babe
Unexpected happens
Child is born
Nature runs its course
Moment of TRUTH:
I hold him in my arms
I whisper
He opens his eyes in recognition
"You are loved"
He smiles
My heart fills with unexplained emotion
Something else is there...
Love.
Unfiltered.
Selfless.
Giving.
Unconditional.
No strings attached.
Love!
I smile as I realize that I'm in a lifelong, heart
binding contract.
Better yet, I'm in awe at the love that bursts at the seams.
The tiny creature has bewitched me in a way no other human has done.
My reason for being?
Only to survive so I can see this child grow
Give him the best life possible
Work hard every day to be the best mother I can be
My reason for loving?
Brain and heart are to blame
My reason for trying every day?
He had me at first kick and now, he's cute as a button and the little monster has grown on me.
XO
Comments