A SHOUT OUT to my ROOTS!!!

Mexico lindo y querido!! Que digan que estoooyyyy dormido, y que me traigan aqui, Mexico lindo y querido, si muero lejos de ti!!
Today is Mexico's Independence Day. They've been independent from Spain for 201 years. My families (mom and dad's side) both are filled with terrible/great stories of how my ancestors came to this country looking for a better future. They were some of the ones who exploited the natives, took their women, and had babies. It's kind of a bleak family history. My mother's side is filled with Germans and Spaniards. In fact, I hardly have any native in me. Which is the reason why I'm an olive complexion. I can't tan and I don't get too pale (unless I'm in Rexburg). The only reason I look tan is because of spray tans... that's right, my secret is out. I have disgraced my Mexican roots.
I'm grateful for that country because that's where my family truly began. I wish I had more ties to it but I am an American through and through. I will always hold Mexico in my heart and I hope one day it rises to be the great nation it has potential to become. I hope its government can take a stance against all the tyranny that dwells within its borders. I hope the lovely people of Mexico get to experience what they should as citizens of a nation. They are patriotic. Their food is good. Their climates are incredible. I wish so much for them to not be separated from their families due to hunger, street wars, and unemployment.
Mexico is rich in resources, culture, and language. I am biased but their food is incredible. I love that once you are friends, you are friends for life. Mexicans are some of the most loyal people I know. First, because I'm one of them. Second, because it is taught from a young age. We love our young, respect our elderly, and don't mind throwing a party every other weekend :)
Today is Mexico's Independence Day. They've been independent from Spain for 201 years. My families (mom and dad's side) both are filled with terrible/great stories of how my ancestors came to this country looking for a better future. They were some of the ones who exploited the natives, took their women, and had babies. It's kind of a bleak family history. My mother's side is filled with Germans and Spaniards. In fact, I hardly have any native in me. Which is the reason why I'm an olive complexion. I can't tan and I don't get too pale (unless I'm in Rexburg). The only reason I look tan is because of spray tans... that's right, my secret is out. I have disgraced my Mexican roots.
I'm grateful for that country because that's where my family truly began. I wish I had more ties to it but I am an American through and through. I will always hold Mexico in my heart and I hope one day it rises to be the great nation it has potential to become. I hope its government can take a stance against all the tyranny that dwells within its borders. I hope the lovely people of Mexico get to experience what they should as citizens of a nation. They are patriotic. Their food is good. Their climates are incredible. I wish so much for them to not be separated from their families due to hunger, street wars, and unemployment.
Mexico is rich in resources, culture, and language. I am biased but their food is incredible. I love that once you are friends, you are friends for life. Mexicans are some of the most loyal people I know. First, because I'm one of them. Second, because it is taught from a young age. We love our young, respect our elderly, and don't mind throwing a party every other weekend :)
This is Mexico. I know you love it as much as I do...
uence is very prominent throughout Mexico. They left their legacy behind for sure. One of our great grandpas was an Irish sailor who joined the Spanish. Hence, I have red headed Mexican cousins. And- yes I'm a little Irish as well.
This is the Mexican Temple in Mexico City. This is where my dad was born.


This is the Mexican Temple in Mexico City. This is where my dad was born.

Comments
and i used to say i was hawaiian. it took me a long time to be proud of my heritage. you may be a mix of everything, and that's great. you're beautiful!