Fall. 2016. Nov. 3.
Every fall for the last 10 years has brought incredible change into my life.
College
new love
news of a baby
more school
grad school
moving (always moving)
heartbreak
divorce
new love
change
adventure
journey
old love
bye love
new life
As much as I fight it, every fall brings about a new change. Every time there is a change in my life, whether my bones know its coming, I fail miserably at accepting it.
Accepting change is hard for me. Loosing loved ones is hard for me. Finding myself in a new place in life is, you know, hard. But today I woke up, felt the energy of mother earth, rushed my babe to school, sipped some chamomile tea, ate entirely too much. I'm alright. I've survived. I continue to live, even though my world has crashed and burned. I'm learning that the ends are only the new beginnings. I'm learning that love, though not always a constant thing, is still good for the soul. I wish I could remind myself to live in the moment and not push so hard for the future because it's so uncertain. Am I happy with the life I have built for myself and MBH? Yes. Do I have clear answers to how to live life? The only answers I have are to smile, accept the challenges and never compromise. People that make you compromise aren't your people. Sometimes even fantastic people have to leave our lives to find their own adventures and journeys. That's okay, too. It just means these people were supposed to touch our souls but couldn't stay.
I'm looking for the "staying" kind of people. The kind that may not always be here physically but are a constant in my life. Thank you to those that have carried us these last few months, especially my sweethearts that filled my freezer with ice cream and crammed home cooked meals into the fridge. Love makes us a little crazy and sometimes heart break sends us for a loop. Yet, I can't wait to see what the next adventure will bring and who may come around the corner. Above all else, I believe in unadulterated love, the kind that awakens the soul and is long lasting. I've been able to truly treasure the moments I have with the Maxter. Laughing with girlfriends over Chinese and movies has brought me so much joy.
As for the election? You bet your bottom dollar I already voted for Hillary Clinton, the first female president of the United States of America. I'm proud to have voted for President Obama and now for HRC. I will continue the fight for equality for all under the law. Even if it's just in little ol' Arkansas or Australia. I'm not sure where my journey is about to take me, but hang on in there. I'm headed for an awesome ride and can't wait to share this new chapter with YOU, GUYS. Squeeze your loved ones, smile at the moon, drink a glass of fancy stuff once in a while and don't over cook the chicken. But if you do, eat it anyway, with ranch.
Comments