For Those of You Who Know Me...
If you know me, you know I love being Thankful. I have always tried to let people I love that I love them. It's what I do. I have always been that way. I think that's why I love Thanksgiving. I haven't been a fan of the history behind Thanksgiving (that's a whole other blog) but I am grateful to be in a country where we set apart a day just for giving Thanks.


I am blessed to have wonderful parents, great leaders, and awesome friends in my life. I was given my greatest blessing on March 27, 2009 when I was able to experience Motherhood.

For those of you who have known me for a looong time... You know how terrified I was of motherhood and of being a stay at home mom. I wanted to be a career woman my whole life. The moment I held little Maxi in my arms, all of my dreams turned to mush and I couldn't imagine why I would want to be anywhere else other than with that little guy. What a blessing he is to me and a great example of love. I love him more than I can describe. He is my reason for being.

I am soooo Thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. It changed my whole perspective on life. I wasn't always LDS and so I have an outsiders perspective (a little bit) of what life is like without the gospel. It is simply unfulfilling. What's so great about where I worship is that we get to know the people around us, becoming nearly family, and we help each other in the best and worst of times. We value hard work and try to love all of our spiritual brothers and sisters. What a blessing it is to be able to bear Christ's name.
I am thankful for families and the great calling it is to have a family here on Earth.
I am thankful for politics because they give me a sense of discovery and newfound joy every time I feel like I have finally figured out the best way to help the status quo in this country.
Comments