Last Day of November

MB preparing for his modeling debut circa 2017

I want to remember this very moment. 

Thursday, November 30, 2017. I'm sipping some cinnamon tea (so good for diabetics) and journaling like I did in my past life when I lived in the frozen tundra.

Today was a perfectly mundane day. I let MB sleep in, rushed him to school, sped to work, drank three hot teas (mhm chamomile, peppermint, christmas are my main jam). I ate my meal-prepped chicken and salad for lunch. Cutting sweets has been really difficult and I kid you not- I have to eat an apple to stop me from buying chocolate muffins every day because we have a Starbucks in our building-- right next to a Chickfila. I took the stairs, eventually went home, picked up some pizza for MB b/c today I had no time for dinner, we held hands on our drive to basketball practice and the little dude told me he loved me 12 times ( I COUNTED, ok?!) and then scurried home. He was zonked out by 8. Since then, I've read this incredible story and cried through a face mask because I have a lot of feelings. We've entered Sagittarius season and it always unsettles me. I'm a grounded Capricorn and can literally feel the shift. I'm learning to spend time with myself and I look forward to my evenings where I can focus more on my plans and ideas.

We ran two miles after this picture and this turkey had me beat!
A year ago, I didn't feel so hot. I'd gotten some news that really sucked and another set of news that brought me short-lived wonder and joy. At the time, I didn't know how to handle the grief that was spewing out of my body in full force because I had forgotten what true pain felt like. I had fooled myself into thinking that I had already experienced the worst--- wrong! Yet, here I am. Blogging away, voice texting friends and planning my 30th birthday party (because I deserve to party like it's 1999, thank you very much). I don't have any real wisdom except that 15 months ago I was really brave and kept smiling through the punches the universe sent my way. Ahora, I can stand before you and say that yes those punches really hurt but somehow led me to this very sweet, tender moment. 

It's hard to be sad when basketball season is about to explode. Ya'll. It's the small things in the very regular days that make me laugh and remind me I am worthy of the desires of my heart. So. I'm glad I blogged on this perfectly, regular, semi-boring kind of day. 

Viva everything- Rubs

PS- Estee Lauder night cream is everythingggggggg. My face feels like a baby's bottom.

PPS- I have this confession... I haven't always been on the Demi Lovato train bc of her Disney days but girl's got talent. Shoutout to Rachelle for telling me I look like her with dark hair (a girl can dream right? Especially when it comes to that dream boat). 

Comments

Popular Posts