Peace, Peace, Peace Babes

"Peace happens between people and when present, it enters them both. Hearts look for meaning, your heart is good, and meaning will find you when you meet it."

When I was a little girl, the only person who could comfort me was my dad. Whether he wanted to or not, I was always two steps behind him, mesmerized. I loved him from the moment I walked out of the womb and suffocated him with adoring love. Thankfully, he loved *and continues to* love me just as much and although I don't walk so closely behind him, I have learned incredible life lessons from this humble man. Recently, I needed some peace and comfort. Max and I drove 3 hours to my parents house and sat on their couch, ate their food, poured my heart out, and it was great. I swear I tried to cut the cord when I left for college 2,000+ miles away. Promise. It's just that Family is so good for the soul and the ol' corazon... Ya know?!

But want to know when I felt the greatest peace?  I drove all the way back home and had this majestic epiphany. I've made a small home in Little Rock. I love it. I have fab neighbors. A rather easy on the eyes boyfriend (who cooks a mean carbonara) and my man-cub has an excellent teacher that is passionate about learning. Also, my girlfriends ask me to go to the gym with them. And my church peeps are totally living in the 21st century, which is super nice for this liberal, fluid, spiritual-seeking junky.

LISTEN:

Life is hard.
Job searching is for the birds. I swear.
I swear a lot.
God is good.
Family gives strength.
Boyfriend hugs and laughter.
Child laughter.
Sweaters.
Leggings.
Boots.
Makeup.
FOOD.
All the food.
Hot drinks.
Pumpkins.
Jesus.
Piano.
Music.

Ok, so I listed all the things that make me incredibly happy. But that's better than listing all the things that made me angry. Right? OMG I FORGOT FAKE EYELASHES. THOSE MAKE ME SO HAPPY.

-Peace out babes. I'm going to cuddle with my man-cub and job scroll like there's no tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts