Happy 6th MBH!
Dear baby Maxfield,
We just celebrated your 6th birthday! We spent the week at Grandma and Grandpa De Santiago's house, played with Xander and the family, and had a rad birthday party with your friends. You are a joy! These last few years have flown by and we have had so much fun! I hope you know you are loved by so many people. You are kind, compassionate, and pleasant to be around. You can count to 100, you're starting to read, and you can type better than most 6 year olds.
You love dinosaurs and exercise. When I asked you what you want to be when you grow up, you decided on a firefighter teacher so you can "help learn some kids." You like going to Primary and your favorite church songs are: I love to see the Temple, Families are Forever, and Swing low, sweet chariot. I recently told you that Jesus died (on good Friday) and you immediately frowned and said it wasn't fair that Jesus died before he could see you again. I promise we will discuss this story further when you can understand that 2,000 years ago was not actually last month.
Your favorite foods include string cheese, milk, steak, chinese, pizza, shrimp, and cream cheese. Fun fact, you had cream cheese for the first time in November of 2014 and you couldn't believe how delicious it was (especially on crackers).
Your favorite book right now is about crayons that go on strike. You read the same pages over and over again, which is fine with me because I love hearing you laugh at the silly characters.
One day, you will be a grown man and I will give you all of these letters I wrote every year on your birthday. Some are long and some are short. I believe that in writing about you every year, I can freeze time for a moment.
You are easy and fun to get along with. You were on the Kindergarten honor roll and got the outstanding personality award! I was so proud! You love long walks on the park, hate sand between your toes, you're a water baby and an avid swimmer.
I am thankful to be your mother. I am a lucky, lucky woman. The world is a better place with you in it because you have brought so much laughter and awesomeness to so many people.
I love you MBH!
- Mom
We just celebrated your 6th birthday! We spent the week at Grandma and Grandpa De Santiago's house, played with Xander and the family, and had a rad birthday party with your friends. You are a joy! These last few years have flown by and we have had so much fun! I hope you know you are loved by so many people. You are kind, compassionate, and pleasant to be around. You can count to 100, you're starting to read, and you can type better than most 6 year olds.
| You are so cute! |
You love dinosaurs and exercise. When I asked you what you want to be when you grow up, you decided on a firefighter teacher so you can "help learn some kids." You like going to Primary and your favorite church songs are: I love to see the Temple, Families are Forever, and Swing low, sweet chariot. I recently told you that Jesus died (on good Friday) and you immediately frowned and said it wasn't fair that Jesus died before he could see you again. I promise we will discuss this story further when you can understand that 2,000 years ago was not actually last month.
Your favorite foods include string cheese, milk, steak, chinese, pizza, shrimp, and cream cheese. Fun fact, you had cream cheese for the first time in November of 2014 and you couldn't believe how delicious it was (especially on crackers).
| On your real birthday, we went "fishing" had some cake, and watched a movie! |
Your favorite book right now is about crayons that go on strike. You read the same pages over and over again, which is fine with me because I love hearing you laugh at the silly characters.
One day, you will be a grown man and I will give you all of these letters I wrote every year on your birthday. Some are long and some are short. I believe that in writing about you every year, I can freeze time for a moment.
You are easy and fun to get along with. You were on the Kindergarten honor roll and got the outstanding personality award! I was so proud! You love long walks on the park, hate sand between your toes, you're a water baby and an avid swimmer.
I am thankful to be your mother. I am a lucky, lucky woman. The world is a better place with you in it because you have brought so much laughter and awesomeness to so many people.
I love you MBH!
- Mom
Comments