28 Years Of Loving, Growing, Strengthening, and Living
On March 7th, my parents will celebrate their 28th wedding anniversary. Feliz Aniversario!
Let me tell you that most runaway 17 year olds do not last this long without love and grit. I am proud of them. I love them.
From the very beginning, they created a haven on earth. The four walls in our home insulated us from estrangement and long disagreements between family members. Within our home, the 6 of us were a team, a united front. No one could come between us. The love we had only created a strong barrier. My parents vowed eternity to each other and in doing so, vowed themselves to us as well.
I didn't understand why my parents set were so structurally organized, even methodical in the way they raised us. Everything was scheduled in our home, to the point where as a young preschooler, I could tell you my entire 12 hour routine, from memory. To this day I can't even tell you how my mother managed to raise 4 children, work full time (assisting in labor and delivery, no less), drive us every where, cook gourmet dinners, and maintain her sanity. I can barely manage my tiny load.
In any event. I am grateful for our family. I am one of few fortunate souls that was raised in love. My parents were so young when they promised themselves to each other and fought to overcome every challenge placed before them, they instilled a passion for life in all of us.
Gracias Parents! Thank YOU For: your love, direction, and constant compassion.Thank you for never clipping my wings, for helping me S-O-A-R above the skies, and for teaching me how to be a mother and a father to Max. I would not have been able to survive these last five years without your support and encouragement. You were right, parenting is the most exhilarating, frustrating, and rewarding blessing. EVER. Most of all, thank you for teaching me by your example what partnership should be like. I'm in the process of trying it out and it helps that I have a brilliant and gifted man by my side.
XOXO,
La Flaca
Let me tell you that most runaway 17 year olds do not last this long without love and grit. I am proud of them. I love them.
From the very beginning, they created a haven on earth. The four walls in our home insulated us from estrangement and long disagreements between family members. Within our home, the 6 of us were a team, a united front. No one could come between us. The love we had only created a strong barrier. My parents vowed eternity to each other and in doing so, vowed themselves to us as well.
![]() |
| Papi, Gamma, and Maxi. circa 2011. |
I didn't understand why my parents set were so structurally organized, even methodical in the way they raised us. Everything was scheduled in our home, to the point where as a young preschooler, I could tell you my entire 12 hour routine, from memory. To this day I can't even tell you how my mother managed to raise 4 children, work full time (assisting in labor and delivery, no less), drive us every where, cook gourmet dinners, and maintain her sanity. I can barely manage my tiny load.
In any event. I am grateful for our family. I am one of few fortunate souls that was raised in love. My parents were so young when they promised themselves to each other and fought to overcome every challenge placed before them, they instilled a passion for life in all of us.
Gracias Parents! Thank YOU For: your love, direction, and constant compassion.Thank you for never clipping my wings, for helping me S-O-A-R above the skies, and for teaching me how to be a mother and a father to Max. I would not have been able to survive these last five years without your support and encouragement. You were right, parenting is the most exhilarating, frustrating, and rewarding blessing. EVER. Most of all, thank you for teaching me by your example what partnership should be like. I'm in the process of trying it out and it helps that I have a brilliant and gifted man by my side.
XOXO,
La Flaca

Comments