Everything is Right in the World... At this VERY Moment
Baby Max is snoring, lightly, into my hair as I document our sweet reunion. Oh, how I missed this sweet boy. We are constantly together, laughing, playing, hugging, and sharing of every moment, afraid that one of us might disappear into thin air. I love being his mom, there is nothing greater, than watching this guy sleep, smile, laugh, and run. He's so fast! He has also grown so much. He no longer fits on my hip when I hold him, and I mourn that a little bit. As soon as I showed up at the front door, he shouted "Hurray! She's home! She's my mom!" (Grant it, he was at my sister's house... They know who I am).
It was a glorious homecoming! Max has filled me in on all of his adventures, we've been to the library, eaten our favorite ice cream, gone to lunch with friends, and stared at each other for a long time, just to remember what it's like- have I mentioned how good he is at staring contests?
Things Max Learned While I was gone:
His favorite word to read is pancake. It's hilarious.
He can now do front flips on the trampoline (yikes!)
He's an excellent host at dad's restaurant
He knows the capital of Arkansas
He can sing "I am a Child of God" in Spanish
I can't express how hard it was to be away from this guy for so long, but I can say the reunion was sweet. In the words of MDD it made for "a much sweeter reunion." I can't wait for MDD to join us in Little Rock! For now, I'm off to wake this little cutie and hit the pool before the sun sets. As always, I am the luckiest girl in the world. Sending you all my love.
Comments