One Week Left in North America

YOU GUYS. This is my last week with my wee man. I have been preparing for the worst and my only sources of strength comes from the support Max gives me. He wakes me up every morning with kisses and he loves me unconditionally. I can't believe I won't see him for 10 weeks but I know that everything I am doing is to strengthen our future.

Max made me an awesome mother's day gift! Thanks MB!

Let me tell you about Paraguay:

It's the second poorest country in South America. It was ruled by many dictators. Once, there was a war on its borders and due to several unfortunate events, over 400,000 men, women, and children died. That means that a third of the population was gone and it lost the war and much land.

The people in this country are resilient. They are still moving forward despite the generational setbacks. I am so fortunate to travel to this country filled with so much culture and beauty in order to help alleviate housing issues. I will be preparing a financial sustainability plan for Habitat for Humanity (HFHP). They teamed up with the Paraguayan government to provide safe housing for their marginalized population.

ENOUGH with the big words, all I'm doing is traveling to a foreign country in the hope that I can learn so much from them and come back a better person. I'm realistic enough to know spending 3 months there won't change their issues but I'm also hopeful that perhaps I can help one person.

*** I want to encourage y'all to reach out to one person. ONE. Just smile at a stranger or help someone load bags into their car. You could help someone have a better moment in time.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love you, Ruby! You are such an inspiration! You've changed my life. :o)

Popular Posts