Grad School, Love, Etc.

I came to grad school to get an education with a strong hope of meeting President Clinton. 

I never considered that moving to Little Rock would also bring the best year of my life (thus far).
 Grad school was extremely challenging and there were days I felt like I couldn't juggle it all.

I just finished my first year and I couldn't be more excited and relieved.  This whole move was a process for me. It challenged and stretched me in ways I can't even explain. I also met my best friend. You know those stories you hear of people who run into complete strangers, the universe aligns, and everything falls into place? Well if you haven't, let me tell you that those stories are real.

Eight months ago I met MD. He's been my #1 cheerleader, supporter, and best friend. We spent so much time encouraging each other and spending time together that I didn't even realize I fell in love until the day I accidentally said it.

After his big end-year presentation. I was so proud of this Economist!

Want to know the real kicker? He's pretty into me too. I just dropped him off at the airport about an hour ago and it was one of the hardest things I've had to do. See, he's off to India and I'm off to Paraguay for the next few months. We both have pretty amazing opportunities to do some really cool things in the name of public service. It wasn't until I said good bye and watched him walk away that I realized how much Max and I love him. It's been a great 8 months.

I'm about to start updating this blog like crazy, in case anyone is interested in my Paraguayan adventures (and other Mexico adventures coming soon). Can someone pinch me? There's no way that I get to do it all, have it all, and still continue on with life. There is NO WAY that I'm this lucky.

Comments

Tiffanie said…
I'm so excited for you - for love and for your adventure. Have so much fun, can't wiat to read all about it.
Unknown said…
I love this and you and MD for loving you and so on, but my favorite part is the label "manfriend" :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Boehme said…
you ARE this lucky. you deserve to be happy and to be loved. i am glad you have found someone special! i'm sure it feels unreal, but it will only get better. you are so kind and loving you deserve the world. so happy to see you happy again :)

Popular Posts