I've Lost Track of Time
![]() |
| My cute wee man |
These last seven weeks have been incredibly insane. My soul wants to sing you songs that I'm not quite ready to let out but just know that this lucky girl is H.A.P.P.Y. Why? I am doing things for me. I let go of a heavy burden I couldn't carry alone. I have found like-minded people that bring so much joy into my life. I've released bad friendships. I work really hard every single day to become a better mother to the MAN of my LIFE. I don't have to pretend to be someone I'm not. I wake up every morning with an excitement only writers can describe! Everything is so fresh and I haven't felt this alive in years! Can I tell you that raising a 4 year old on my own has been incredibly waxing and rewarding?? May I add that this little ball of energy is going to walk out of here with a Masters' degree himself?? I am in awe that this guy is in my life. I must have done something really great for this great blessing. There are days that I pray out loud to remind me to have patience. I have found a little piece of home down here and people that bring out the best in me. What more could I need?? My scriptures are beaten, my small apartment doesn't have a washer or dryer, but my heart is expanding twice-fold. This is what it's all about you guys! Live your dreams! Change your own lives!
To be honest with you, my loved ones kept telling me to wait for my prince charming. You know what I did?? I found my own horse, established my own home, battled my own battles, and figured that I might as well move forward because I'm not waiting for anyone to come rescue me. The very best things are happening because I took initiative and although I don't have my perfect little cookie-cutter family- I have MY very OWN family. I have love, peace, and joy. I will be the first to admit that having an extra pair of hands would be great (I still don't know how to pump air into my car tires, but hey, I'm not perfect). Sometimes there are bumps in the night that make me wish I had someone else check them out... But what I have is all my own.
We can do hard things. Life is hard and filled with incredible beauty. This chaos will amass to greatness. I can't wait to see what y'all have been up to these days. It's good to be back!

Comments