Giving Gracias
My laptop is broken. I have 3 essays due this week. Max is coming down with a cold. I worked a few doubles and can't feel my feet.... I definitely needed to take some time to just be grateful for the good things and people I have in my life.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Ever since I was a little girl, I knew the moment we hit November, magic would begin to happen up until the New Year. This time of year is always a little emotional for me because it involves a lot of baby swapping and old memories I ignore. As y'all know, December is not my favorite month. December is a reminder of what would have been and the cruelty of choices (all wrapped up under a pine tree, of course). However, this year I have chosen to be happy and find joy. I'm not going to lie, the older MBH is, the harder it is to experience Christmas Day without him. I just remind myself that every day should be Christmas because we have been given a present that didn't come easy. I often contemplate the validity behind so many biblical stories, book of mormon stories, and other testimonies I've been exposed to. At the end of the day, all that matters (to me) is that I believe in someone greater than myself. I believe in someone who has heard every plea and praise I have ever expressed. I believe and I choose to believe because without my faith, I feel vulnerable and exposed. My struggles with my faith are ever present in my life because cruel things exist in the world. However my spirituality doesn't hinder my life. I've reconciled many things within myself and live life to serve and love those around me. My own Ruby doctrines may be completely off and maybe I'm wrong. But tell you what, life hasn't been this exciting in a long time! I have made rules for my little family and one of those is to remember to love.
Can you all remember to love and squeeze your little ones a little extra hard tonight? Will you remember to do something that brings you so much joy? Will you live your life for YOU? I highly encourage all things that bring happiness and never really care much for moderation because the moderation comes from our core.
Happy Thanksgiving my loves. I'm thankful for you.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Ever since I was a little girl, I knew the moment we hit November, magic would begin to happen up until the New Year. This time of year is always a little emotional for me because it involves a lot of baby swapping and old memories I ignore. As y'all know, December is not my favorite month. December is a reminder of what would have been and the cruelty of choices (all wrapped up under a pine tree, of course). However, this year I have chosen to be happy and find joy. I'm not going to lie, the older MBH is, the harder it is to experience Christmas Day without him. I just remind myself that every day should be Christmas because we have been given a present that didn't come easy. I often contemplate the validity behind so many biblical stories, book of mormon stories, and other testimonies I've been exposed to. At the end of the day, all that matters (to me) is that I believe in someone greater than myself. I believe in someone who has heard every plea and praise I have ever expressed. I believe and I choose to believe because without my faith, I feel vulnerable and exposed. My struggles with my faith are ever present in my life because cruel things exist in the world. However my spirituality doesn't hinder my life. I've reconciled many things within myself and live life to serve and love those around me. My own Ruby doctrines may be completely off and maybe I'm wrong. But tell you what, life hasn't been this exciting in a long time! I have made rules for my little family and one of those is to remember to love.
![]() |
| My sweetheart and I at cute restaurant in the Rock |
Can you all remember to love and squeeze your little ones a little extra hard tonight? Will you remember to do something that brings you so much joy? Will you live your life for YOU? I highly encourage all things that bring happiness and never really care much for moderation because the moderation comes from our core.
Happy Thanksgiving my loves. I'm thankful for you.

Comments