Winter Faves






Since moving to Idaho nearly five years ago, I have realized that I don't really enjoy the cold. I don't like having my body go completely numb as I stand outside trying to defrost my car for school. I don't like skiing or snowboarding. I think my ancestors knew what they were doing south of the border because once I'm in a warm, sunny climate, I'm actually a really nice person. I feel like people get the worse side of me because I'm not very approachable during the frigid months. For that, I apologize.






However, adaptation is also something very keen in our development as humans. So once I settled into Idaho climate, I realized the only way to survive would be to adapt. Complaining can only get me so much satisfaction; consequently, I got warmer gear, made friends, and started to learn to bake. Baking makes a house warm in case any of you were wondering. Here are some things that I have learned to enjoy during the bleak winter months in Rexburg Idaho.
1. I eat lots of different types of soup!


1. I like to wear long sleeved shirts!







2. I like to bake (although I'm learning and I'll never be as good as my inlaws)



I can't believe how fast time is going by. Winter will be over before we know it and then Idaho will be green (well, kind of...) Arkansas has been remarkably cold, unfortunately for me, but once spring and summer hit, we'll all be melting like popsicles on the fourth of july!






Comments

Mary and Jordan said…
hey Ruby! i just found your blog!! yay not i can read about your life!! hope all is well!!
Ruby said…
jess i know right?! they look awesome. mary- i'm glad you found me!!

Popular Posts