Dear Max- Age 7

Dear Max,

I started this blog shortly before you were born. Since then, we have moved 3 times, lived in two states, and traveled quite extensively across the United States and Mexico. You have grown so fast and it seems like I can't keep up with it these days.

You are growing into a fine young man. It warmed my heart to hold you tonight and listen to your ideas and philosophies. You love Dr. Seuss and his silly stories. Math is your favorite subject and you LOVE playing basketball. In fact, I have some raw footage of you shooting and scoring into an 8 ft. hoop. That's better than I could ever do, and that's fine by me.

I love your gentle personality and sweet disposition. You are caring, compassionate, kind and loving. I don't know how we ended up together, and Max, I absolutely love our life. It's a little unorthodox. We watch the news together, you are an advocate for Hillary Clinton and despise Donald Trump. Perhaps I have a little bit to do with that but I do allow you to ask questions and answer them as honestly as I can. We have an honest policy in our home and I hope to continue that for years to come.

As you grow into who you will become, I wish you could take with you all the good, forgive the bad, and continue to be my little buddy. Life is too short and in order to make up for lost time, I'll continue to hold and kiss you as long as you'll let me.

I'm proud of you. 7 years ago, you were a fresh little baby. I snuggled you in my arms and looked down at you in awe (and honestly, I was a little anxious). I never DREAMED that you would grow into this amazing human being.

One day, you will be a grown up. But since you're only 7 right now,  I want to document some of your favorite things.

You love:
Singing
Legos
Coloring
Reading silly books
Going to work with me
Cooking
Food
Batman, spiderman, and wolverine
Paw Patrol, Princess Sofia, Power Rangers
STAR WARS
Dancing
Justin Beiber
... and baths

Max, may this year be filled with joy and adventure. I hope with all my heart you know you are so loved and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

I love you, always.

Mom

Comments

Popular Posts