5 Years Later

Hello All,

Alive and well over here. I'm currently doing some freelance work, Matt has a great job, and baby Maxter is rocking the 1st grade. However, I am looking for a full time position SO if you know of someone or a job, will you let me know? Please? I am searching in AR and considering DC opportunities. *I just had to drop that in...

I spent the weekend with my family. We ate, laughed, argued, and danced. Latinos, it's what we do. My dad and I had a great moment in church and for that, I am grateful. He reminded me that 5 years ago, I arrived with a suitcase and a baby. I had no idea what my future held and I was terrified to start my life over. Fast forward, I am still figuring life out but I made it. I may not have all the answers today but I am working at building a strong foundation for my future.

The only tears I've cried lately are happy tears. I attended the most beautiful wedding last weekend. I had to excuse myself to the bathroom just to keep the tears in check. I always cry at weddings, especially when it's two young people about to embark on their journey. I usually cry at major functions but this one really touched my heart. I also danced the night away with the most handsome man at the party so that was exciting.

I started my life over 5 years ago. With the support of my family and friends, I conquered tough transitions. I found myself and have built a life with my man-boy. I'm so, so lucky my parents supported me 100% of the way because I wouldn't have been able to do it all on my own. And now, I've started a new journey with this incredible man that uplifts me and makes me a better person. He's the "bees knees" you guys. When he looks at me, it's as if the world stops spinning and his smile lights up my day. It warms my heart to see what an incredible example he is to my little dude. I may still be job searching- worst thing ever- but at least I have two handsome guys to dance with and love. Life is pretty amazing and I can't wait to see what the future holds!

People, it takes a village! 


Comments

Popular Posts