Diabetes and Vaccines
There is an online debate between mothers, doctors, and public policy officials *this includes health officials. Did you know parents are refusing to vaccinate their children?! IN THIS DAY AND AGE?!! Usually, I let people be, simply because freedom and agency are important components of democracy. However, when you start infringing on the rights of children and the well-being of this entire country, I will get upset.
Apparently a doctor in the late 90's said that certain vaccines caused autism. He's been proven wrong, called a quack, and has had his license removed. GOOD. The problem are all the parents who believed every word he said and refused to vaccinate their children. A writer for buzzfeed offered the idea of quarantine for the unvaccinated children. I think a better solution is for parents to educate themselves and see the benefit of vaccines. Although, I do think a good trip to polio inflicted countries would benefit these ignorant Americans. I get it, you don't want the federal government regulating your home. You want your freedoms. I think History is a class that should be given the credit it deserves. Or maybe we should do a better job of teaching it. FOR EXAMPLE:MILLIONS OF PEOPLE DIED IN THE AMERICAS DUE TO THE MEASLES!!!! DUH. It wasn't a bad head cold. It killed millions of innocent people. As a descendant of those people, I am offended that most of these parents are Caucasian and refute this information. They don't believe it was that big of a deal.
Please, go vaccinate your child. Don't infringe on their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of equality in all things simply because you have been reading the Onion and now you think everything it says is true.
Apparently a doctor in the late 90's said that certain vaccines caused autism. He's been proven wrong, called a quack, and has had his license removed. GOOD. The problem are all the parents who believed every word he said and refused to vaccinate their children. A writer for buzzfeed offered the idea of quarantine for the unvaccinated children. I think a better solution is for parents to educate themselves and see the benefit of vaccines. Although, I do think a good trip to polio inflicted countries would benefit these ignorant Americans. I get it, you don't want the federal government regulating your home. You want your freedoms. I think History is a class that should be given the credit it deserves. Or maybe we should do a better job of teaching it. FOR EXAMPLE:MILLIONS OF PEOPLE DIED IN THE AMERICAS DUE TO THE MEASLES!!!! DUH. It wasn't a bad head cold. It killed millions of innocent people. As a descendant of those people, I am offended that most of these parents are Caucasian and refute this information. They don't believe it was that big of a deal.
Please, go vaccinate your child. Don't infringe on their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of equality in all things simply because you have been reading the Onion and now you think everything it says is true.
Comments