Dear Max - Christmas 2014

Dear Max,

You are nearly 6 years old. You are fierce, dedicated, strong-willed, and incredibly charming. Just recently you asked to watch a movie and promised that if I caved, you "would stay small." I often make you promise that you will stay little forever; I wish time would slow down. I look forward to every kiss and hug you give me daily. I know they may become few and far in between in the near future. I especially love your exclamations of joy.  You ARE JOY. Everyone that meets you falls in love. I must say your charming ways are very persuasive. 

Today you did a great thing. You went on a trip to visit a friend who doesn't always get a lot of visitors. You played soccer, shared ice cream, and had some good laughs. It warms my heart to see you do good, all by yourself. I didn't even have to ask you to say "please" and "thank you." 

I don't want to predict the future, but after our visit to DC, you haven't stopped talking about it. I think you're going to travel to many distant lands. Hopefully you'll take your mother with you... Your infatuation with the big city is evident. The museums, dinosaurs, and the zoo with giant elephants were such a big hit. In fact, you've carried George the monkey everywhere since that trip. You feel a pang of guilt for leaving him at home while you visited all of his favorite places. Oh how you love your George. You two sleep, travel, eat, and play together. 

Christmas is approaching. Your love for Santa and the magic of the holidays inspired MD and I to finally decorate the house. I loved hearing your sweet voice sing all the great Christmas songs as you decorated the tree. Most of all, I loved the hug you gave us and thanked us for giving you Christmas. I hope you always remember that Christmas means so much more than presents. It's that warm feeling of giving and sharing, of remembrance and love... 

Maxfield- you are so loved by so many people. May you always remember that you are never alone. You have an entire group of family and friends that are rooting for your success. I, my dear, am your number one fan, your biggest cheerleader, and I am rooting for your daily successes. I am so proud of you. I love you more and more every day. I was meant to be your mother. You were meant to be mine. 

Merry Christmas, sweet Maxfield. Thank you for bringing so much joy and light into my life.  

XO,

Mom

Comments

Popular Posts