Alas It's Winter
The seasons have changed and I wish we could have hung on to fall for just a bit longer. The boys made hot chocolate and we ate an assortment of leftovers. Now, I can hear them playing football in the other room, trying to "be quiet" so I can't heart the mischief. It warms my heart. I used to think these things would signify a boring stage of life. Now, I look forward to them.
Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. It's simplicity won my heart as a child. I got to eat all the food I could manage and visit with my favorite "old people." Holidays have taken a new meaning with Max. I want him to experience the joys and feelings behind the holidays. I don't want him to get wrapped up in the toys and frills...
Can I just share what I'm thankful for with y'all? I'm thankful for my incredible family, my education, my beautiful/handsome/incredible man child, and I'm most thankful for the ability to love, unconditionally.
The nature of my belief in God has changed drastically. I don't fear Him. I seek Him out when I'm in need of comfort, and He's given me trust in myself.
Comments