I Know PT.1
I've always believed in the destiny of souls. I truly believe Max was destined to be mine before I knew I would be a mother someday. Of course, he has his own personality, filled with a brilliant wit even I can't begin to comprehend or explain... Yet, in my heart, I know he was meant to be mine. He's sleeping right now, as he rightfully should be. We spent FHE outside, breathing in the crisp air while we toiled in my mother's yard. I believe that some amount of dirt is good for a boy. He is such a wild child, obsessed with the weirdest "boy" things. Boys eat grass, wear boots, and spit. Fact. How is it that I'm lucky enough to raise this guy and love on him? I have no clue. I'm starting to appreciate having him in my youth mostly because I can still keep up with him (usually).
I worry of the day he'll grow and no longer need me as much. I know we will have fights some day and maybe I'll stop being his number one priority every evening after school... So I'm working my hardest to soak it all in. I'm putting the phone down more often. I make it a priority to tickle and play. I do try so very hard to be a good super hero, but I'm just not as cool as the real deals. Whatever. Please, Father Time, be good to me and let my bae grow slowly.
I interviewed him tonight. Here are some snips:
Me: What's a new thing you've learned?
Max: I can count to 100!
Me: Can you show me?
Max: No, we are done with school. I can only count when I'm at work.
Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Max: A firefighter missionary
Me: Who's your best friend?
Max: My kid best friend is Mason cuz he runs real fast.
Me: ... Your grown up best friend?
Max: His name is Matt. He's in India. Do you remember him mom? He's real tall and he likes giraffes. You can't forget him mom or else he'll fly away.
.... As you can see, I lost the best friend card twice to boys named M-somethings. I'm also curious to know why he thinks Matt can fly away. He's in on a secret or two...
PS- I finally get to reunite my little man and grown man on Friday. Pretty sure there will be fireworks and pizza, definitely pizza.
I worry of the day he'll grow and no longer need me as much. I know we will have fights some day and maybe I'll stop being his number one priority every evening after school... So I'm working my hardest to soak it all in. I'm putting the phone down more often. I make it a priority to tickle and play. I do try so very hard to be a good super hero, but I'm just not as cool as the real deals. Whatever. Please, Father Time, be good to me and let my bae grow slowly.
I interviewed him tonight. Here are some snips:
Me: What's a new thing you've learned?
Max: I can count to 100!
Me: Can you show me?
Max: No, we are done with school. I can only count when I'm at work.
Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Max: A firefighter missionary
Me: Who's your best friend?
Max: My kid best friend is Mason cuz he runs real fast.
Me: ... Your grown up best friend?
Max: His name is Matt. He's in India. Do you remember him mom? He's real tall and he likes giraffes. You can't forget him mom or else he'll fly away.
.... As you can see, I lost the best friend card twice to boys named M-somethings. I'm also curious to know why he thinks Matt can fly away. He's in on a secret or two...
PS- I finally get to reunite my little man and grown man on Friday. Pretty sure there will be fireworks and pizza, definitely pizza.
Comments