All things Wonderful
I had the opportunity to "see" my grandfather again. Some consider it a dream, I consider it a tender mercy. My grandfather was an ordinary man. He didn't know how to really read or write. His father died when he was 2 and as soon as he came of age, he had to get out into the ranch and work grueling hours. He moved to the city with his little family (at the time, once there they had like six more kids) and wandered to America. He lived a regular life here with his children and wife. He didn't care much for politics except when it came down to the government taking his hard earned money. Yet, as ordinary and simple as this man was, he was a great influence in my life. He loved me. He was my grandpa and he gave me the care I needed from a grandpa. We shared precious talks that I will cherish forever. The world may not remember him, but those who knew and loved him will constantly miss him until we get to see him on the other side.
My dream was a special one because he shared important things with me. He hugged me (boy do I miss those!!) and told me to tell him the joke we often shared when he was on Earth. He told me everything was going to be ok and to have faith. What more did I need to hear? I know my Father in Heaven made that happen. He knows what is in my heart and I think that with this dream I was able to feel love from all of the Fathers I have had in my life. I miss you Grandpa, you were the best grandpa any kid could ask for. I wish I could have asked him if he still remembered the time we climbed his precious pear trees, bit into sour pears, and tossed them carelessly aside. That was the one and only time I saw him mad. He lectured us, made us pick up the pears, and we felt so guilty we cried! I learned a valuable lesson though: food is for eating and not for wasting. I love you my dear Abuelito. But I know families are forever and I will see you again. Until then, keep up the good work...

This pic is of him and my grandma. Andres De Santiago Senior.
Comments