Summa Time Means: Outdoor Cooking Fun!!

Summer months were always the best growing up in lil ol' Arkansas. Every year mom would make awesome food. Today I wanted to post my Abue Villa's Burnt Chicken Recipe. It's super easy to make and serves 6-8 people. Not only is it delicious, but almost refreshing.
Here is what you need:
1 chicken bullion
4 crushed garlic cloves
3 cups of vinegar (i like the hertz distilled vinegar... eyeball it)
1/4 sliced onion
1 T. evoo
1 lime (squeeze the juice into blender)
2 T. black pepper
and half a handful of salt


Put all the ingredients in the blender and liquefy.

You get a whole chicken, quarter it, then put it in the sauce. For great results marinate overnight. Next, place on grill. Chicken has always been iffy for me to figure out when it's done. I haven't timed it yet so the best way to know if it's done is to keep an eye on it. Also, the outside will look burnt (hence the name burnt chicken). Once it's nice and crispy on the outside, you'll know it's done. Finally, enjoy. It's delicious. If the recipe is confusing, let me know.

Comments

Linda said…
Wow, the recipe sounds like it's going to be really good. I have to try this. Thanks for the post!
I am SO going to try this! It sounds delicious!
Jennica said…
Ummmmm...I hope you know this is my FAVORITE BBQ chicken recipe ever!!!! Do you mind if I put this on my blog?

Popular Posts